My goal as a parent is to make our mornings as easeful as possible. Umm, I’ll keep you posted on how that’s going when I get to that easeful point (fingers crossed it’s sometime soon). One of the best things I do to work towards this goal is meal prep breakfast in advance. These, along with my Protein-rich Mini Muffins and Bacon Egg Cups are my morning saviors during hectic weeks!
BLUEBERRY OATMEAL MUFFINS
DRY: 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons (GF) oat flour*
1 cup packed super fine blanched almond flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
a few shakes of cinnamon
WET: 2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk (of your choice)
1 Tablespoon coconut oil, avocado or olive oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
1 cup fresh or frozen (organic) blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, stir 1 cup oat flour (reserve the other 2 tablespoons for later), with the other dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients until smooth and combined.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
4. In a small bowl, toss blueberries with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oat flour, then fold into the batter.
5. Divide batter into muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 18-24 minutes (depending on your oven, and until toothpick inserted comes out clean). Let cool for about 10 minutes, then you can remove from muffin pan and continue to let cool completely. Store in the fridge and grab as needed.
*You can easily make your own oat flour at home by blending 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons of rolled oats into a flour!